About Us

We are three friends who met in college and have moved to three very different states since graduation. Something that interests and moves all of us is trying to be more mindful in our own lives and inspiring kindness in others. We're starting this blog so that people have a place to share kindness they experience in their lives, their suggestions for sharing kindness with others, and to get inspiration from others' thoughts and ideas.

Love and light,

Claire, Emily, and Angie

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A Little Bit of Kindness

We've all had bad days.  You know the type.  The days when you have a bad dream, wake up late and realize you've set your alarm for PM, not AM, can never find the clothing you want to wear, forgot something important, hit every red light possible on your way to the place you're already late to...it happens.  Hopefully you've also experienced moments that brighten your day, though.  Maybe you're trying to merge over into the faster lane in heavy traffic and someone actually stops to let you in.  The cashier at the grocery store looks you in the eye and smiles.  You get a card from a friend you haven't heard from in awhile.  A small child waves at you spontaneously on the street.  And all of a sudden, your day doesn't seem quite so bad anymore.  A little ray of light, a bit of kindness - simple things that don't take more than a second or two of your time and a positive thought or two.  These are the things that can make the difference between a bad day and an okay day, or an okay day and a good day, or even a bad day and a good day. 


It makes you wonder.  What if everyone out there realized that everyone else out there was just as in need of kindness as they were?  What if everyone put in that little bit of effort to make the world a nicer place for everyone else in it?


That's the point of this blog.  Read about how there really are nice people left in the world and get ideas about how you can help make the world a nicer place.  Share some love and some light with us all.


So...what is something kind someone did for you today?  Leave a comment and share some light!


- Claire

11 comments:

  1. Today, one of the other members in my grief support group brought pumpkin ginger cupcakes for us all.

    Love and light!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today a friend of mine made time in her busy schedule to go get coffee with me. And there was a parrot hanging out at the coffee shop named Polly that sat on my arm! haha...Both made my day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was in a cafe today and this guy was sitting at a table working on homework and looked up and smiled for no reason, but it was a really happy smile, maybe he was not doing homework, haha. yay :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. ps- i love the colors of this blog, it's very calming, i think this blog makes my day :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was driving to pick my mom up from work and was stopped at a stoplight in rush hour traffic when I saw a mom with a stroller with three kids in it on the sidewalk next to me. The little boy facing the street instantly started waving at me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This morning, it was raining pretty heavily when i got to my bus stop & a guy who was getting off at the same stop said, "sometimes i hate when i have an umbrella and other people don't" and then he walked me to my classroom building 3 blocks away. he said it was his kind act for the day and that he was surprised more people didn't do things like that. ...thanks Will! ~Angie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Today I logged on facebook and received a message that was created just for the purpose of opening our eyes to the kindness and goodness that is in the world. It pretty much made my day and will continue to in the future! (i'm using my sister's account for those of you who recognize this last name... lol)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Someone directed me to this song and video that made me smile, laugh, cry. It is about love, which never fails.

    What is love?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73kZ6wBoqTk

    ReplyDelete
  9. This morning, my mom left for work before I got up. I came downstairs and found a note she left for me saying "Good morning, Claire! Love, Mom."

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, how do I even begin. I see and feel kindness from so many people in so many places. Let's see... many took time to tell me that they liked my playing in string rep the day before. Jennifer sent me a xoxo text. Sergey gave me a ride home - very appreciated and fun - always! My roommate gave me a ride to school - thank you. Hector gave me a ride to studio class. Heesun invited me to her wonderful recital and shared her beautiful music. And....That's not all of course, just a sampling. I feel so blessed to have such wonderful friends and family in my life, not to mention the people whom I don't know but smile or offer a seat or wish me a good evening.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just yesterday I was telling the story about how two years ago, my duty at school was to hold the stop sign for bus traffic trying to navigate around our tiny parking lot. I would never get to speak to any of the drivers but smiles were exchanged often. The last day before Christmas break, one of the drivers stopped and handed a little box of homemade cookies to "The Stop Sign Lady." It was the best and most unexpected Christmas present. :)

    ReplyDelete